Thursday, October 16, 2008

Halloween Inspired Semi Healthy Birthday Treats



Joshie man turns 6 tommorow and wanted to celebrate with his Kindergarten pals. Our school district has adopted the healthier snack options at classroom events which leaves the old cupcake standby out of the question. So I thought up a semi healthy Smores snack mix and created some cute boxes to serve it up in for some spooky birthday fun!

FOR THE BOXES:
I used my Cricut Tags Bags Boxes and More cartridge to cut out the popcorn box with window option at 5 1/2. I then stamped the boxes with a Stampin Up Halloween background stamp set and assembled. I lined the box with a cello bag from the candy making aisle and added my mix. I topped it off with a cute Halloween ribbon. I would've loved to glam them up more, but since I was making 20 of them, less was more. :)

FOR THE SNACK MIX:
Mix one box of Golden Grahams cereal, 3/4 of a bag of mini marshmallows, and a bag of milk chocolate chips together and measure into the bags in 1 cup servings. Don't make it too early in advance though because the cereal will absorb the moisture from the marshmallows and make it soggy.

No comments: