Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Round #5 of Bad Girls TOP DESIGNER!!!!



OK.... so I COMPLETELY cannot believe that I am actually in for Round #5 at Bad Girls Top Designer! I am amazed! The talent there is just overwhelming and each week I find myself on the verge of throwing up when I enter my layout into the gallery... will I make it another round?!?! I am having so much fun with this competition.. the classes are amazing and really force me to put thought into my pages...something I don't always do. So here is my round #5 entry. This week is all about pulling color from your photo and balancing it with neutrals. It was taught by the uber-talented Heidi Sonboul. I pulled out the purples and Em's skin tone for the background paper (how yummy is that Black Market paper?! YUM!!) I pulled further color with the reds and pinks of the dress and used those in my embellies. White already appeared as a neutral in my photo, so I decided to strike a balance and throw in black as a second neutral. I like the way it turned out, but the competition is fierce. I am second guessing myself and my style with every page. But, my heart and soul is in this page and my style is me... I can only hope they like it as well. :)



3 comments:

🌈🌈🌈 said...

WhOo HoO girly!!!!! I'm so PROUD of you!! You are doing an amazing job....and staying true to your style! Love it.....looks Marvelous!

Julie Howard said...

That's so awesome Kimmy!! Round 5!

Unknown said...

your page came out awesome! Good luck!